This ONE THING Holds More Yogis Back From Greatness Than Any Other
Are you stuck in a rut? Not sure how to get where you need to be in your Yoga business and have NO IDEA where to start? Analysis Paralysis might be your problem!
Has this dreaded issue called analysis paralysis happened to you? At home, we use this phrase a lot because it highlights the inactivity of our checklists due to over analyzing. That’s right, me the Bizzy Yogi also suffers from it. My main Gallup Strength is ACTIVATOR!!!
(***SIDE NOTE*** I’ve even used this as a basis for creating my fun Yoga Artchetype quiz for Yogis to connect with their business counterparts. If you haven’t done it yet, you’ve been missing out!)
Now we make fun of it [Activator!!!] because it has turned into a little creature we tell to bugger off when we can’t seem to finish a project. I say “we” because my husband and I both suffer from its hypnotic overtake.
Analytical thinking is awesome! It helps us see things clearly, all the steps, think of the goods, the bads and the uglies… But staying in that swamp too long will do nothing but freeze you.
Like The Princess Bride
Do you remember Princess Bride? The fire swamp? The sand pits? Analysis paralysis is exactly that. It’s having to know where the flames jump out and bite you so you have to be extra observant and careful and it’s also getting sucked into the sand pits because you waited too long to cross. This is the dreaded symptom of most entrepreneurs.
Reflections & Movement
Recently, vision and desire was the topic, well what happens with that if you are a paralyzed robot that can’t make any decisions? YUP I am talking to you. You know who you are!
Afraid that one small step will lead to doom, that everything has to be perfect before we get a client. My website isn’t finished so why start marketing, yet?!
I am also talking to you who is bold and daring, ready to step up and make a shift happen. I am talking to you who doesn’t let anything or anyone stand in your way.
Think About It:
Think back 50 years ago… Maybe you were alive, maybe not. Websites? NO. Facebook Lives? NO. We have it so easy! You can literally build a site in 10 minutes if you really wanted to. Not a 20 page site, but a home page. Get a logo, $20 on Fiverr.com. Done!
Analysis is what allows you to observe and make sure you aren’t moving so fast that you miss something massive or obvious. Analysis paralysis will prevent you from taking the next step to go from planning to action and you need to know how to get out of it!
Combination of working on your business and Analysis Paralysis could be a daily stress factor. If that’s the case, you’re in luck! Read this post on Stress & Yoga to see HOW you could use your Yoga skills to reduce your stress and help others get relief daily.
How To Get Out Of Analysis Paralysis:
- Change your state. This is so Tony Robbins. If you are frozen and aren’t taking the action you need to get the results you want, do something different.
- Example: My husband met me at my old yoga studio at an AcroYoga class. He had been wanting to date for months but just wasn’t getting the results by doing the same old thing. He decided to try AcroYoga and who’s the first person he saw at the front desk? ME! Thus asked me out and now we are in paradise. Do something different and don’t be afraid!
- Talk to someone. This is where a mentor comes in. Maybe a colleague who will cut through your shit and make you see for real. Or maybe it’s a friend who will snap you out of it. Maybe it’s me. I’m good about shaking things up and helping you see what’s really going on and what you really should be focused on.
- If you’re reading this far, you need some help! I’m willing to do a free discovery call if you want it. Just schedule it here: http://bit.ly/BizzyYogi
- Create a vision board. I use this as an answer often, but they really do work! Vision boards make you reconnect to your original idea and reason, to your big why! Have a fun night with some wine or kombucha and imagine away so that whatever is preventing you from moving forward seems less important.
- Give up. Yes, you read that right: give up. Maybe then you will realize you are throwing away your dreams and you will snap out of it and take a step towards not sabotaging your happiness. It’s TRUE!
- Create a list. Write a list of top 10 things that would happen if you succeed and if you fail. Please make one of those save the earth because you will be immensely influential. Just saying… I want you (and me) to have this kind of effect on the world with your amazing company and brand.
- If you are not stuck in the mud, call me… seriously! If you are not sure what to do and ideas are just a flurry… call me. If you want to have a dance party and are in Miami… please call me. They are an awesome way to change your state. I vote for Shakira. She’s awesome.
Can you imagine what it would feel like without the fear and the blocks? It’s called ebbing into ease and flow. As a yogi, that’s ALL I try to do and what I want to see you do as well.
So, yes, analysis paralysis can ruin your chances for an ideal, soul-driven life, and it can also ruin your chances to make an impact on everyone around you. Don’t let this sickness rule you, DO something about it.
Join my Facebook group and gain a whole tribe of people that are going through or have gone through some of the same challenges you’re facing! PLUS, I’ll give you some daily cheerleading love… After all, I am an acrobatics coach… I can make you work it to get the results you need!
Hope to see you there soon!
Love you in movement and more,
P.S. In case you didn’t click on the link earlier in this post for a FREE discovery call with me, here it is again >>> http://bit.ly/BizzyYogi
If you have questions, I want to answer them! I want to help as many people as I can and to do that I need YOUR help. There may be OTHER Yogis out there struggling with the same things, asking your questions doesn’t just benefit you, but helps them along their path, too!!
Enter your question below and I’ll answer them in my weekly email OR on a FB Live. We’ll even give you a shoutout! Want to remain anonymous? Just write *anonymous* at the end of your question.